Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Likely ROY Kyrie Irving has decided he won't be representing Australia at the Olympics

kyrie irving, coach k, duke, australia
Kyrie Irving can represent Australia or USA
Rookie of the Year favorite Kyrie Irving was born in Melbourne, Australia and has been vocal about one day representing the Australian National team.

Kyrie Irving ‘seriously considering’ playing for Australian national team
Irving was born in Melbourne, Australia, in 1992 while his father Drederick was playing pro ball over there. Therefore, he has dual citizenship. Irving said he lived in Australia until he was 2 years old – not long enough to develop an accent but long enough to become a fan of “The Crocodile Hunter.” As for the possibility of Irving one day suiting up for the Aussies at the Olympics, he says it’s a very real option.

“That’s something I’m seriously considering. Whether it’s suiting up for the U.S.A. or Australia, either opportunity would be great for me. ... That’s definitely a strong consideration for me. For one, I want to be considered an international player. I feel like that would be fun for me. And also, I haven’t been back there. And I think that would give me a chance to get back and feel stuff out if I do decide to play for them. I’ll make the best decision for me.”
Kyrie recently announced his decision to hold out for the chance to represent Team USA
Kyrie Irving Won’t Play for Australia in 2012 London Olympics
According to Irving, he heard news that his collegiate coach Mike Krzyzewski will still be handling Team USA for the next four years until the 2016 Olympics and he is hoping that his former coach will give him the chance to suit up for USA in the future."It was the right decision," said Irving on his decision not to forego his eligibility to play for USA in the future. "I found out Coach K would be coaching in 2016. It made my decision so much easier to play for my coach again. That was the deciding factor."

No comments:

Post a Comment