Wednesday, June 19, 2013

NBA Finals 2013: Game 7 between Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs is a sports fan's dream

Going into these 2013 NBA Finals with the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs, I didn't have a team to support. Both are historically great teams, the Spurs arguably the most consistent of the 2000s (with respect to the 5x Champion Lakers) and the Miami Heat for this decade. Once the Spurs swept my beloved Grizzlies, I knew I wanted Miami to advance. Despite my love for the underdog, the collision of these two supreme teams was a dream matchup.

The Spurs interestingly dispatched both my favorite teams (Warriors and Grizzlies), The Heat eliminated two teams I admire (Pacers and Bulls). In various times throughout the playoffs I've rooted against these Finalists. Ultimately though as a Sports Fan I'm after the best narrative. The most interesting possible way for the game to unfold, after the Game 6 game thriller I got just that. I had been worried that the Finals would be decided with a ping pong of blowouts and end in a whimper. Crisis averted.

Despite providing great fodder for my NBA memes, I was still waiting to witness a game for the ages that was befitting of this Generational matchup...




Game 6 provided that and much more. It was such a remarkable comeback for the Heat that it provided this absurd news story about Miami's Fairweather Fans

VIDEO: Heat Fans Who Left Early Locked Out Of Thrilling Win
Chris Bosh to Heat fans who left early: ‘Don’t come to Game 7′
MIAMI — Sorry, Heat fans. Chris Bosh is unwilling to forgive your lack of faith.

In the closing minutes of regulation of Game 6 on Tuesday, a significant portion of the home crowd left American Airlines Arena early, missing the Heat’s dramatic 103-100 overtime comeback.

Bosh chastised the fans who headed for the exits during a media session on Wednesday.

"For all those guys [fans] who left, make sure they don’t come to Game 7," he said. "We only want the guys who want to stay. … You never give up. People gave up on us. They can stay where they are and watch the game at home."
Can't wait for Game 7. Its a bonus, I feel like Sports fans have already won. 

No comments:

Post a Comment