Saturday, November 26, 2011

The NBA is returning just in time for Christmas, Who wins and who loses?

VIDEO: Tentative NBA labor deal reached

ESPN recently compiled a list of Winners and Losers now that the players and management have come to a tentative agreement.

Truth be told, I feel like I would have to include myself in the losers column. Being in Germany, I had been making plans to see the rematch between Besiktas Istanbul and Göttingen, December 13.
Monumental for two reasons:
1) NBA Superstar Deron Williams had just exploded for 50 points against this team
2) New recruit, Championship Laker and reality TV star Lamar Odom would have been on show

Not to mention any number of stars I was looking forward to seeing in France (Batum in Nancy) and elsewhere. With this developing news in America, my enthusiasm for basketball in Europe has deflated considerably.

With that said, In my mind the return of the NBA makes winners of everyone. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment