Friday, March 21, 2014

NBA Postcards: Greetings from Dallas and Houston, Texas

This set completes the Texas Trio, arguably the strongest cluster of teams you'll find on the NBA map. Houston was my team when I first started getting into basketball. It was nailbiting as I followed them on their Road to Glory doubling up as NBA Champions during Jordan's absence. Hakeem Olajuwon remains my All-time favorite player.
I've always had a soft spot for Dirk Nowitzki. I had mixed emotions when he was humiliated in the 1st round by my then favorite player Baron Davis and the Warriors. His redemption avenging an even Stronger Miami Heat team was inspirational. I paid tribute by forking out for a 'Championship Dallas Mavericks' tee I found in Istanbul.

The West is tightly packed and loaded this year, both teams are capable of an upset in the 1st round. Houston with the addition of Dwight Howard and the rising leadership of James Harden are threats to run the table with their high octane system.
Greetings from Dallas, Texas (Southwest Division)
Greetings from Houston, Texas (Southwest Division)
Kindly tell your friends and feel free to leave some comments and suggestions. Next two teams: The Sacramento Kings and Toronto Raptors

Find other "Greetings from" below:
Miami, Florida and San Antonio, Texas
- Indianapolis, Indiana and Memphis, Tennessee
Charlotte, North Carolina and New Orleans, Louisiana
Los Angeles Lakers edition and Clippers edition
Cleveland, Ohio and Washington D.C.
Brooklyn and New York
Dallas and Houston, Texas
Sacramento, California and Toronto, Ontario
Atlanta, Georgia and Salt Lake City, Utah
- Chicago, Illinois and Phoenix, Arizona
For the definitive collection go to the NBA Postcards Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment