Saturday, October 19, 2013

Basketball courts in Antofagasta, Chile

I only got my camera recently and have been at peace with missing some amazing photos of Basketball in South America. The most stark image I was witness to were the abandoned courts of Antofagasta in the North of Chile. I had assumed the scenery was due to a Tsunami that struck the Country but later found it was simply a stagnation of development in the area.

via StefanRuiz.com/landscapes
In a São Paulo exhibition I found a collection from photographer Stefan Ruiz which captured the courts of Antofagasta. That said this is a more vibrant portrait than the hauntingly abandoned courts I found by the coast.

I posted this here rather than the Tumblr blog as this is more an Open Call requesting anyone in Antofagasta to submit photos of Courts in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment