Thursday, September 11, 2014

City of Sydney and 'Youth Services' present 3on3 Half Court Games in Glebe

I don't recall the last time I played Streetball since returning to Sydney, it seems I've become one of the asphalt snobs pundits have described. Instead I've opted for organised full court runs in Auburn and Sydney Uni with work and school colleagues. Now that I'm playing more competition basketball I've lost interest in casual outdoor games, which is all that's available when traveling.

My local courts, the Peter Forsyth Auditorium in Glebe provides free access to its facilities on Fridays with refreshments, training and referees. An initiative to foster community amongst neighborhood youths.

Youth Worker Mereani hosting 3on3 Halfcourt games at Glebe
'City of Sydney' and Youth Services present 'City Hoops in the Park'
Free for young people 12-25 years old
3 on 3 and half court games Basketball Tournament
Fridays 3pm - 6pm
Peter Forsyth Auditorium Glebe
Come with team or make new friends. Games will be played on half courts and have free play training
Healthy Snacks and refreshments provided

Youth Services run a range of programs, events and activities. They also offer support and advocacy for young people. For more information contact your local youth worker on 9298 3120

No comments:

Post a Comment