Sunday, June 10, 2012

Philippe Petit and Lebron James: Man on Wire and Game 7

The pinnacle
Spent the day captivated by Lebron James leading the Miami Heat to the NBA Finals after winning a nailbiting Game 7 against the Boston Celtics.

Afterwards I watched Philippe Petit and his merry band achieve the impossible in 'Man on Wire'. The documentary detailing the unbelievable coup to tightrope walk across the Twin Towers was the film of the Week for my Local Library's Movie Club.

I was the youngest person in attendance as most were at least double my age.

Both stories are about people finding immortality through a defining moment.
Comedian Daniel Kitson says 'Everything in life is impossible until its inevitable'. The documentary and Lebron's torturous path to Coronation are stories of certainty that tease us with the dance of uncertainty.

As I write this, I'm in the dark as to what happened in the Manny Pacquiao fight.

VIDEO: The BIG game 7 in South Beach!

VIDEO: Philippe Petit: One Man Show - Philosophy on Life


PHILIPPE PETIT: Personally I don't believe you are born the greatest... in the world... I think to become the greatest at something you have to be passionate... If you are passionate about something... you're going to want to do it day and night... You're going to be tenacious and relentless... not taking No for a answer, even your own No.

No comments:

Post a Comment