![]() |
| "The best adventures are when you trust somebody" - paraphrased quote entered into a running mate's phone |
I hung around for about 5 hours. He commanded a staff of 6 or so of varying ages and experience. They came in and out and we talked about the usual - girls, dreams and life. One associate had been living in Japan for 2 years, it was his second day back in Turkey. He confided that he had a miserable time there but he loves his newborn son and his Japanese wife (they met when she was a tourist). He had a lot of thinking to do. We drank Raki and Efes beer, ate some kebab and smoked.
I mentioned my time in Turkey has been more scenic than social. These are the types of interactions I value and what I've enjoyed most about how I travel. Having had difficulty finding it in Turkey, I cherished this experience all the more.
Its ultimately what connects me to a place - being accepted or feeling like I belong in some way. The ranchowner described the feeling like a mirror, "we tend to like things when we can see ourselves in it" . The ranchowner commended me on my openness, the feeling was mutual. I explained that all my best experiences and adventures have come with an exchange of trust. Strangers off the street, Couchsurfers have welcomed me into their lives and homes. As a stranger I've been welcomed into classrooms and house parties and been handed house keys from people I've just met.
Times I've trusted in others and vice versa:
- CouchSurfing: I accompanied Latvians as they delivered flowers to beloved former teachers and been escorted by scooter to a wrestling show in Germany.
- Strangers met on Lithuanian streets have invited me to parasail and pick mushrooms
- Gone on road trips and slept in unfurnished apartments with new friends
- I was an honorary Student at the SpoHo in Köln. Eating at their Mensa (cafeteria), joining them on social theme park trips and participating in University classes
- Had amazing meals in Portugal through the kindness of strangers
- I surrender myself each time I Ego Trip
We tried to figure out why two strangers could be so trusting, so quickly. The Ranchowner offered "When your soul is naked, people can recognise". Its just my nature, I have faith in people and my 'Spidey Sense' has served me well.
Enter Istanbul...
- Scams in Istanbul: Why I trust people (1 of 3)
- Scams in Istanbul: Why people trust others (2 of 3)
- Scams in Istanbul: The reality of trusting (3 of 3)

Hello %0%,
ReplyDeleteDO YOU THINK OF GETTING A LOAN??
APPLY TODAY FOR AFFORDABLE 100% LEGITIMATE HOME/REAL ESTATE/PERSONAL/BUSINESS LOANS Email for immediate response: brianloancapitall@gmail.com
This is a mail advert for Avant Brian Capital Management. We grant loans to individuals and companies. We are interested in the financing of large-volume projects and grant loans with no upfront fee. DO YOU NEED A LOAN? Are Financially down, Cry no more, Financial problem is nothing to cry about, it something we will have to fight against in one Love, Understanding, Trust and Unity. So our faith as Legitimate Financial Consultants is putting an end to the financial hardship. We are investors providing financial services and we specialize in both start up projects,Home Finance and existing businesses needing funding or Loan for expansion. We are committed to helping businesses develop and succeed. Do you have a low credit score and you are finding it hard to obtain capital loan from local banks and other financial institutes? Do you need an urgent loan to buy a house? If Yes worry no more for we are out here to help the less financial privileges get the loan they need to get back on their feet no matter your credit score, you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties. The interest rate will be 2% annually. The repayment is 1-16 years with 6months grace period by Email brianloancapitall@gmail.com
We offer loans:
*Project finance
*Business loans
*Personal loan
*Mortgage loan
*Hospital Debts loan
Loan processing and financing takes about 8 working days from the day you submit your loan application.
if interested.. kindly reply.
Kind regards.
Mrs. Doroles Watson
Email: brianloancapitall@gmail.com
Web: Avant.com
Financial Advisor
Avant Brian Capital Manageme